➠ San Juan Regional Medical Center ⇩ Covid-19 Information (PDF) Hotline: (505) 516-0938 or (888) 949-5387
➠ San Juan County Emergency Management ⇩ San Juan County Modifies Operations (PDF)
➠ New Mexico Department of Health (With Case Counts) ➠ Public Health Orders Online ➠ Public Health Orders FAQ OnlineNM Coronavirus Hotline for reporting violations of the Governor's Public Health Orders. The public is encouraged not to call 911 dispatch centers with these complaints as they are receiving an increased level of calls. Hotline: (855) 600-3453NM State also has an e-mail address which is monitored 24/7. The e-mail monitors will send each complaint to the corresponding district commander for appropriate action. Email:
➠ New Mexico Public Education Department ➠ State Officials Close Public Schools for Remainder of School Year ➠ Public Education Department School Closure and Guidelines
➠ Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
➠ Aztec Municipal School District (COVID-19) ➠ Aztec Municipal School District Meal Plan
In accordance with the most recent Governor's Public Health Order and recommendations, the following City facilities will be closed or operate on an adjusted schedule:
Aztec Community Center
• All events will be cancelled until further notice. • For additional information, the Aztec Senior/Community Center can be reached at 334-7616.
Aztec Senior Center
• Will be closed and regular senior programming and activities will be suspended. • Home meal deliveries will continue and congregate meals will be served in to-go containers in a drive-through process.
Animal ShelterAdjusted operating procedures.
• Adoptions will be handled by appointment only. • Information on available animals can be found at petharbor.com. • After finding an animal that you're interest in meeting, please call (505) 334-6819 during normal business hours to schedule an appointment to come by and meet the animal. • The meeting of the animal will be limited to family unit. • If you need to look for your lost pet, drop off a stray or surrender a pet, please ring the door bell anytime between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm and someone will be available to assist you.
LibraryClosed to the Public until further notice.
Other Services Available
• Not available at this time.
• Drop box available around back for drop-off. • Wi-fi access from your vehicles. • Access to e-books and audio books available through overdrive or libby via phone, tablet, or computer.
Motor Vehicle Department (MVD)
• The office is closed until further notice. • Most all MVD transactions can occur online at www.mvd.newmexico.gov • You can all also call NM-MVD at 888-683-4636 (888-MVD-INFO)
• Aztec Municipal Court will remain open with a limit of 3 people allowed in the lobby at any one time. • Individuals are encouraged to phone the court at (505) 334-7640 prior to visiting.
Parks & Recreation
• Parks will remain open, however groups of 5 or more individuals will not be allowed. • All park reservations have been cancelled. • Park reservations are suspended until further notice. • The Aztec Skate Park is closed until further notice. • All sports leagues have been suspended until further notice.
Aztec Boys and Girls ClubClosed until further notice.
Residents should also understand that the novel Coronavirus does not spread through drinking water, that standard chlorination treatment is effective at killing viruses in water, and that water and electricity will continue to be available throughout the crisis.
• Closed to the public.
We are taking calls to help serve customers utility needs. Monday through Thursday 7am to noon and 1pm to 5pm.
• We will operate on limited staffing. • Payments can be made by:
Mail: 201 W Chaco St, Aztec, NM 87410
Phone: (505) 334-7690 from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursdays using a credit or debit card.
Not able to access your account call (505) 334-7670 for assistance.
Please be patient as call wait times may be longer than normal.
• Payments can be put in one of our two payment drop boxes using a check or money order. Payment drop boxes are in the Utilities Parking Lot and one near the entrance to the Utility Office Lobby. • We will offer flexible and extended payment arrangements for those having financial hardships by phone only. • The suspension of non-pay disconnects will remain in place until further notice. • To speak to a customer service representative call 505-334-7670.
• Aztec Visitor Center is closed until further notice.
The City continues to urge citizens to follow the guidelines found on the CDC and NMDOH websites (see below), continue to practice social distancing, wash your hands often for 20 seconds with soap and water, stay home if you're sick and cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or cough into the crux of your arm if a tissue is not available.
The City of Aztec continues to monitor the coronovirus situation and will provide updates as they become available.
550 Brewing & Pizza (To-Go)
A & W Restaurant (Take Out)
Aztec Restaurant (To-Go)
Blake's Lotaburger (Take Out)
Dairy Queen (Drive Thru)
Domino's Pizza (Delivery)
Durango Joe's (Drive Thru)
Habanero Grill (Drive Thru)
McDonald's (Drive Thru)
Pat Thai (Curb-Side)
Pizza Hut (Take Out)
Sonic Drive-In (Take Out)
Subway (Take Out)
Wendy's (Drive Thru)
Wonderful House (To-Go)
First, I want to say that I hope you are doing okay as we all attempt to navigate this ever shifting terrain of the past couple of weeks. We are encountering uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 virus and with the quick moving nature of this pandemic, it may, at times, seem overwhelming and confusing for ourselves, our friends, and our families and loved ones.
Aztec City staff has been closely monitoring and communicating with our federal, state, county, and other local agencies, and is doing their best to keep us informed of all up to date information regarding closures of businesses, availability of services, and pick up points for meals from our Aztec Senior Center as well as for meal pick up points for children while schools remain closed.
The Aztec City Manager along with city staff have been working diligently to keep updated information on the city's webpage as well as social media platforms, specifically our City of Aztec Facebook page. Local media outlets have also been working overtime to keep folks as informed as possible. We also realize that not all families/homes have access to cell service and/or internet service so I encourage you to use available methods to check in with friends, family, and neighbors that may not have ready access to information, and keep them up to date as good as you are able.
For now, we are all doing our best to disseminate information, while still keeping our community members, and ourselves, safe and healthy through this public health emergency.
In addition to city information sources, I encourage you to tune into local news sources and reach out to local governmental agencies with questions or concerns and our staff will do their very best to give accurate and updated information.
Stay safe and follow the directives and policies being formulated and disseminated from our health and safety experts, don't be afraid to ask questions and be as flexible and patient as possible. We are truly all in this together and it's important to stick together and work together as a community in times like the ones we currently face.
In solidarity and with our collective strength and resolve, we will make it through this challenge.
Sincerely, Mayor Victor Snover
At Waste Management, we are committed to putting people first. The health and safety of our employees, customers and communities is our highest priority.
We appreciate your partnership and patience as we navigate this fluid situation together.
• Based on the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and federal, state and local agencies, Waste Management is taking necessary steps in response to social distancing recommendations, potential mitigation activity, and declared local states of emergency. • Effective March 18, 2020, we are temporarily closing residential call centers to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). • We are actively coordinating remote operations to serve our customers during this situation with the goal of resuming residential call handing as soon as possible. • At this time, there is no impact to your scheduled residential collection service. • For the most up-to-date service information, please encourage residents to visit wm.com/alerts. • The COVID-19 situation is evolving daily. As circumstances change that may impact our ability to provide services as scheduled, we will provide updates to our customers and communities.
The Recycling Convenience Center & Trash Disposal located at the General Services / Parks facility on Ash Avenue is closed to public use as of February 29th, 2020. Citizens are asked to use curb side recycling services (1x month pick-up) and the San Juan County Landfill for bulk disposal (6 allotted free per year).
As we approach upcoming elections, the City of Aztec wants to remind all candidates and campaigners no sign permit is needed for temporary campaign signs. However, no sign can be placed on public property or public right-of-way, as the City of Aztec and the State of New Mexico remain apolitical. Lastly, please do not place signs on lot corners, as this may impede the vision and clearance for traffic safety. The City of Aztec remains committed to the health, safety, and well being of all our residents and the public at large. Please do not hesitate to contact the Community Development Department with any questions or concerns pertaining to such matters (505) 334-7605 or (505) 804-3314.